more: @
or subscribe by email below:

2/16/13

This should count for 5....

A whirl wind of emotions swept through me like a heavy gust piercing a polar fleece coat.

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?" She shouted in to the phone.

Nothing I said could make up for what i had done... she knew it; and she was going to squeeze every last drop of guilt out of my plump little body.

"Ahhh... the post office?" I said repeating the words in me head and biting my lip in regret.

"CANT YOU COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER THAN THAT YOU SORRY SACK OF SHIT!, IT'S FUCKING SUNDAY!"

oh ya.. it Sunday.

I had to hurry. I needed to get clean water, I knew it wouldn't be long until Hairy would die, but the reception was so bad here. One foul step and i would loose her.

Silence on the other end... "Laura?.." I said

no answer...

"Shit!" I said.

 I ran to the faucet and filled the bowl with water and took the chemical from my pocket and read the back. 'Add two drops then let sit for 1 hour' It said.

"FUCK!" and then the phone started to ring again.

"Hello"

"Hello you stupid little fuck."

"...I love you?"

"ITS OUR GOD DAMN ANNIVERSARY, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU I HAVE BEEN WAITING HERE FOR FIFTEEN FUCKING MINUTES!" She screamed.

I slammed the car door and peeled out of the drive way.

"I'm coming baby.. I'll be there in... an hour"

silence...

"Baby?"

Nothing.


I turned the corner and pulled in to the restaurant parking lot and slammed on the breaks. Dust surrounded the car making me invisible to the outside world. 

I sat protected by my wall of dust and i hear a happy little dinging sound.... am i going crazy?
But then I realized: it was a text message.

It said: '10 MINUTES BITCH'

OK. Fuck Hairy, if he dies that's his problem. 
I pop the trunk and walk around the the back of the car.
I hold the water in a bag up to the street light and study it for a second...
I seams pretty good, but then again I dont know what the different PH levels look like.

I unwrap the blanket, and pull Hairy out.
He's still alive.
I untie the top of the bag and dump him in to the small tank of water.
All i can hear is my heart beating... 3 minutes.

I watch him swim around intently waiting for him to come belly up, but he didn't.

"YESS!"

I yell loud enough for the whole parking to to hear.
I sprint to the front doors, past the hosts and frantically look for her sitting alone at one of the tables....

2 minutes.

I scan the room on more time... and then, I see her.
I straighten my tie and walk up slowly.

Happy anniversary baby, i got you a fish, his name is Hairy.

Blog Archive

Printable version